My name is Jeff Whitney and I am running for City Council in Ward 3 and I ask for your vote on October 6th. I moved to Franklin six years ago because I thought this was a great place to raise my son -- and also because of Franklin’s long-standing Tax Cap.
I believe that city government should have to apply the same principles to its budget that we apply to our personal budgets. Our municipality should operate within its means. That’s what the Tax Cap accomplishes --- It forces our elected officials to be fiscally responsible without overburdening the taxpayer.
During the recent budget deliberations, the City Council decided to break the Tax Cap….even while a hundred citizens like me stood up and voiced their opposition. The Council DID NOT listen. In fact, when the City Council was presented with a petition one month later to reconsider the tax over-ride, they still DID NOT listen!
Enough is enough!
You can contact Whitney at WhitneyforFranklin@yahoo.com or at 934-9173.
No comments:
Post a Comment